Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Commercial by the REAL Bernardi



This is a commercial that I made for ENGL/DAC 202 a couple years ago. The class was about the same size as this one, in groups of 3 we made three videos over the term. This was the second one; we were asked to make a 30 second clip for the UW store, without using sound and incorporating the BookStore logo in some way. It was a competition between all groups, and ours won (the prize? It was streamed on TVs around campus and a $20 gift card at the UW Store!!)

Because we couldn't use sound, we wanted something very visually stimulating so we decided on making a stop-motion technique. That 10 seconds of me getting dressed took almost 2 hours of standing still, and almost 2500 photos. It really gave me appreciation for movies like Team America and other examples of the kind. This was my favourite course of taken at UW, and I wish I had the oppurtunity to take more.

No comments: