Thursday, November 13, 2008

This is the Remix!

Since I didn't want to culture jam the company I work for, I decided instead to do a remix on wedding industry ads. I'm currently getting married and all the wedding magazines and shows are pushing more and more expensive options to potential brides and grooms out there. The amount of an average American wedding is now approximately $28000 (Bridal Association of America).




The original ad here is for Moores menswear. The point of the ad is all about how good the guy looks in his tux. But maybe it could be about something else instead:

1 comment:

BEK said...

Love it! I got married in Dec 2001. We were very young and didn't serve alcohol, we had the reception at the church (winter time, less driving!), our cake was a gift, I found my dress for less than $150, my tiara and vail were more than my dress at $180, we got married 10 days before Christmas so the church was already decorated! (My dad gave us $5,000 and we stayed in budget- Matt's dad paid for the tuxes and the flowers; a gift of approx $1,000) So we had a wedding for less than $7,000.

Remember the vows and your commitment are what matter. I do have to saw, do everything you can to have just one wedding (no divorce) and it will save you a lot of money on weddings! :) We made a vow that if things ever get rough we will spend more than $20,000 on therapy/counseling before we every spend money on divorce lawyers!