Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Dirty Jobs"


Has anyone seen this poster? I love it. So creative and interesting. I think it goes against a lot White's design principles because of the small font and busy-ness, but I love it. I could definitely see this in Pricken's book, under the kickstart technique "without words" or possibly "compare and contrast" after looking at those bright pearly whites....

All the dirt and grime over Mike Rowe's face comes from a "Dirty Job" featured on the hit Discovery Channel show. This ad really works for me, because it's an interactive experience that is both creative and interactive. I love it. I duno what Marx would say about the proliteriat jobs depicted as disgusting and dirty....but this show kind of makes the nasty "monkey pee" and "bug breeder" type jobs seem more appealing and less uninhibiting...The "lunch" tab also makes me laugh.

Some of my favourite dirty jobs I would have to say are the "buffet cleaner," "egg sorter," and "horse inseminator." Definitely leaves me with some pretty nasty mental images. Hence "storytelling!"

No comments: